Netsurit was named one of the Best Places to work in NYC Technology in October 2014 and we need more brilliant engineers!
We were also recognized in the 2014 and 2015 edition of the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies and are continuing to expand our service team to help businesses in New York City!
This growth is creating some amazing opportunities for top performers. If you’re ready grow with us, we want to hear from you!
The Support Specialist is the face of Netsurit, primarily solving user problems onsite at client locations. The Support Specialist delivers ‘Best in Class’ service and support to clients both onsite and remote. User’s day to day problems are tracked in a central ticketing system and dispatched to work around the end-user’s busy work schedule to ensure minimal downtime. When not onsite, the Support Specialist acts as a senior resource on the helpdesk assisting and mentoring Helpdesk Specialists on day to day issues that arise.
- Provide ‘Best in Class’ service and support to end-users onsite at client locations.
- Assist and mentor Helpdesk Specialists acting as a senior helpdesk resource from the Netsurit office.
- Resolve user issues assigned in the form of tickets in the onsite & helpdesk service boards.
- Communicating with technical staff and escalating outstanding issues when required.
- Document time and notes in each ticket as the work is happening. At the end of each day, time entries will add up to total the time worked during the day.
- In depth technical documentation on systems configurations including both physical and logical
- Perform work on servers as required to resolve user facing tickets.
- Working with and following up with vendors & partners concerning products and service issues.
- Work within server room environments for purposes of documentation, troubleshooting, and assisting engineers remotely.
- Use a strong attention to detail, identify opportunities for improvement in client environments.
- Take part in the on call rotation.
The Right Candidate:
- Ambition and drive to do things right the first time
- Isn’t afraid of people. A wildly successful engineer knows the only way to really keep everything in check is to over communicate.
- Can’t get enough knowledge. Constantly looking to learn and gain knowledge is what sets apart a true pro.
- Recognizes the “devil is in the details”. Being detail oriented isn’t enough, a meticulous approach is what differentiates a problem solver and a symptom fixer.
- Wants to make a huge impact on the IT world. Understanding that it takes a lot of hard work and true dedication to rise above the rest and become the one everyone goes to for help.
- Has, or is in progress of attaining, A+, Net+, and MCP certifications, and is able to demonstrate that studying wasn’t done just for the shiny piece of paper.
- Is willing to study and attain an HDI certification which Netsurit will provide training for.
- Has at least one year of experience working in a Helpdesk or Systems Admin position.
- Comfortable traveling within the city and working onsite most of the time. To help facilitate travel and equipment transfer has an insurable driving record and a current driver’s license
- Recognizes that in order to be successful, documentation is of utmost importance. Comfortable documenting time throughout the day on a granular level. When a problem with client documentation is found the focus is to fix it rather than just complain about it.
- Able to pass a quick typing test averaging over 45 wpm. With all that typing, the hunt and peck method just doesn’t cut it.
- Ability to bend, stoop and carry packages up to 80 pounds.
- A rock star that enjoys mentoring and training others to bring them to the same level of rock stardom.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Training, and lots of it.
- Unlimited access to online training sites such as Lynda.com and CBT Nuggets
- We pay for your certifications
- Direct training on the HDI industry standard certification
- Unlimited growth potential in a fast growing company, we promote within!
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health benefits, 401K, Company Zip Car Account
- 3 weeks PTO + holidays + your birthday as paid time off
The Netsurit Way:
- Work hard. Play hard – Our passion for helping small businesses with technology is exceeded only by our passion for having fun.
- Process, Process, Process – Sure, we’re smart. But the reason we’ve achieved our level of growth is by continuing to re-define a robust and reliable process that ensures amazing service for our clients. Take care of the process and it takes care of you.
- Partnerships work both ways – We’re not an IT Support “vendor” – we are truly a partner to our clients. Customers are loyal to us because we take the time to recommend and deploy solutions that not only meet their needs and budgets…but also adhere to our best practices. All three pieces must align for the partnership to succeed.
- Start with the person in the mirror – We are committed to being accountable for our day-to-day activities, our solutions, and our client relationships.
- Integrity and Candor – The foundation of everything we do. Be honest with clients, with peers and with yourself. Speak your mind with respect and watch powerful things happen.
- You are “The Talent” – We believe every employee brings their own special talent to the delicious brew that is Netsurit. We embrace confident, kind, team players. Lone wolves and primadonnas? Not so much.
Ready to make a difference for yourself and others?